There’s always those days that just seem to drag on and on…well, today was just one of those days. Nothing seemed to go well. On the bright side, I did get an animating mesh, but it should not have taken as long as it did…too many other things came up today. Tomorrow is thanksgiving day, so I’ll be going to a friend’s house for part of the day. Hopefully I’ll be back in time to get some work done, but if not, all is good.
Programmer, explorer, and life enthusiast. Work for Microsoft and part of Havok middleware team. Views expressed here are my own.
Day 2 and I’m still on schedule. The viewport is back to functionality! There’s still a few bugs to work out, but it’s definitely in a usable state. And the navigation is working as well. Tomorrow I’m going to get a walking dude imported and playing in the viewport. That’ll bring me one step closer! Exciting! :) Got to try out Buddha today! My conclusion: very cool! It uses a really interesting method in which it evaluates the program and then allows you to view each step of the process afterwards to see where it went wrong.
Having Monday “off” was great! Got up fairly early and started jamming away at programming. The weird messaging errors I was getting yesterday have been fixed, so I’ve moved on to getting the 3D viewport back into operation with manipulators and the whole bit. Should be just a matter of copying and pasting the code from before. My new goal is to have a walking character controlled by a simple brain by next week.
Today was chilly. Actually, the days have just been getting progressively colder. Wait a minute, it is winter after all so I suppose that makes sense…yeah. I’m starting to get really excited about my project(s)! There is an end in sight! Can’t believe the semester is almost over already. Kept thinking it was going to be done sooner, but I can see why it hasn’t. The time has definitely not been a waste, though, as I’ve learned a lot over the last few months.
I’m back!! There sure has been a lot going on in my world recently. As many of you know, I’ve been using Perforce as my source control software for a while now…well, it’s now working on a larger scale with multiple people getting updates. The server is just running on my machine right now, but once the projects get larger I’ll be switching it over to a dedicated server. I also spent some time last week making some improvements to my workflow.
Keeping the update short today as there really isn’t much to talk about. Added a particle engine today. It works really well and is very fast. Now I’m going to add some shadows. First I’ll implement stencil shadows and then some more recent techniques. The link for today is quite cool. It’s a source code search engine. Check it out: Codase