⚠ 🚧 This is a work in progress.
You have landed on my page it seems. My interests are all over the place but you will see some commonality in my love for low-level coding, graphics, emulation, and DevOps type work. Finding clean, reproducible, processes that make it easier for groups of people to iterate on code and innovate gets me pretty excited.
Currently working on cross-platform provisioning scripts built with Docker, Ansible, and many other tried and true tools.
- 15+ years in software engineering
- 6+ years in leadership roles
- Expertise in video game middleware product development
- Programming languages: C/C++, C#, Python
- Cross-platform front-end development including: wxWidgets, Tcl/Tk
- Digital content creation: Maya, 3dsmax, Houdini
- Engineering tools: Visual Studio, Perforce, Git
- Oct 2015 - Present: Microsoft, Principal Field Application Engineer
- Responsible for scoping out future partnerships and analyzing industry trends to ensure we invest our resources appropriately to avoid reactive development practices.
- Manage team in Europe, Japan, and North America.
- Gather feedback from clients worldwide to drive roadmap for Havok products.
- Nov 2011 - Oct 2015: Havok, Field Application Engineer
- Manage China, Korea, Europe, Japan, and North American team.
- Visit clients, presented at conferences, and use feedback to drive product roadmap.
- Create and maintain tools to manage evaluations e.g. email generation, benchmarking
- Aug 2007 - Nov 2011: Buzz Monkey, Software Engineer
- Improve tool pipelines in 3dsmax and Maya.
- Port games to platforms including PS3, PS2, and Wii with focus on graphics and platform optimization.
- Aug 2006 - Dec 2006: TA at University of Kansas
- 2003 - 2004: 3D Buzz, Software engineer and educator
- 2012: Destiny [Bungie]
- 2012: Spec Ops: The Line (PS3) [2K Games]
- 2012: Rinth Island (iOS, Facebook) [Buzz Monkey Software, Chillingo]
- 2010: The Tomb Raider Trilogy (PS3)
- 2010: ESPNU College Town (Facebook)
- 2010: Tony Hawk: RIDE 2 (PS3/360 and Wii)
- 2009: Tony Hawk: RIDE (PS3 and Wii)
- 2008: Tomb Raider: Underworld (PS2 and Wii)
- 2004: Unreal Tournament 2004 (PC)
- 2004: Co-Author of “Mastering Unreal Technology: The Art of Level Design”
- 2007: Outstanding Senior at KU
- 2002 - 2007: BS in Computer Science at KU